Friday, January 22, 2010

BUYER BEWARE !

Yes I got sucked in again by a TV ad for a rechargeable sweeper vac. It is called the Swivel Sweeper and it really looks like a good product but. First of all before you can confirm your order they offer all kinds of items like replacement parts etc. When you finally confirm they do not tell you that they will charge shipping on both sweepers which is how the whole thing comes about...two sweepers for the price of one.
Right after I confirmed I got afraid that this company and the way they do business was going to cause me trouble including selling my name to other direct sales outfits. Anyway I called to cancel the order within minutes and they said you have to wait 48 hrs for records to become available. I didn't want to wait so in less than 24 hours I called and they said it had already shipped. I asked for a supervisor and they put me on hold...twice....OK! I get it there are no supervisors. Another call and they said they only way to cancel was to refuse delivery. Lucky for me I caught the mail man not at my door but I ran down the street to his truck and had him take it back.
Well I am still waiting for my credit on back card. Let's see how long that takes. The product may be good but my principles will not let me do business with such bad people as these. There was a day when the gov shut down these people but not anymore. Now you can say and claim anything and do business in any way you want and no one cares. So beware!
signed
sucked in again.

Oh by the way if the car insurance ads were all correct. I would save at least $350 on my insurance which means if I kept changing pretty soon they would have to pay me. Has anyone ever saved that much by switching? ???

No comments: