Thursday, November 19, 2009

WHAT?



What is wrong with this picture?
This offends me to no ends and I don't see any reasoning that would change my mind. I believe that this is the real him. No matter what his words of praise for soldiers and veterans say this action speaks the real truth of his feelings for military and country. Actions speak louder than words. I never thought I would see this day. God help us.
OK I searhed and found a recent photo where he did salute. Am I wrong about him. I'll wait to see, maybe he has just gotten political advice. It would be nice if it was from the heart but who knows.


2 comments:

Kent Runion said...

As a person who has not served in the armed services, I am unsure of proper protocol. To me, it seems disrespectful to offer a salute when I have not served in the military. Standing in a respectful pose seems most natural to me. Maybe this is where President Obama is coming from, but perhaps not. I know it seems unnatural to me to salute when I have not been properly initiated into the rituals and traditions of the armed services.

Sarj Bloom said...

I just now discovered you comment. I have not gotten a lot of interaction on any of my blogs. Maybe because so many of my friends are older and not sure how this works. Thanks for commenting and I hope you do so more often. I'm not really sure why it took him so long to start salute. He has to have been aware that he is commander and chief and all that goes with that. He's not of the traditional mode on anything as is so many in academia. Academics set themselves apart and consider they are free thinkers and above such common things as loyalty, honor, service etc. Of course this is my opinion.