Tuesday, November 20, 2012

THE NEW BALANCE APPROACH

NO I don't mean a new pair of shoes, although they really are neat. I mean the things we need to do to get a balanced budget. well maybe not totally balanced but a good start. I don't like to admit it but an increase in taxes for the rich is going to happen and although I don't think there is a real mandate for it, we have no choice. I think that one or two percent is where I would draw the line and I would also draw the line on corporate taxes to be lowered by the same amount. 

Now since we already have a sliding tax scale why not a sliding benefits scale too. I think that below a certain income people would have full insurance Medicaid and above a certain income scale there would be a max pay out of  20%. this would help all the seniors on fixed income and low income families also. Those with incomes that receive annuities or retirement income that total out to maybe $70,000 would be at the 50% level. Which means they would pay half of their health care cost, which gives them the opportunity to buy private supplemental insurance so they are also fully covered. that covers Medicare so now we have to do something with Social Security.

Social Security could also have a sliding scale of some type beginning with those under 50 or 55. Here there would be a choice of percentage of contributions options The person could choose to contribute say 50% to SSA and 50% to a private plan or 100 % to a private plan. I think that also there could be a tax credit established for the amount that is put into a private plan. This makes good sense to me, because they are saving the Government cost by doing this so they should benefit and also it can be an incentive for the person and private insurance providers to compete for this business. 

Oh man I am so smart I scare myself at times. BTW why in the heck can't our paid representatives figure this out.THAT IS THE REAL QUESTION. WHO ARE THEY WORKING FOR.

No comments: